BSA Foundation

Overview


The Baltimore School for the Arts Foundation is a 501 c (3) organization that works closely with the community to support the students and programs at Baltimore School for the Arts. The school and foundation enjoy a unique and thriving public/private partnership. The BSA Foundation raises funds through an annual campaign, event sponsorship opportunities, and special gifts and grants.
Annual Funding & Sponsorships
Each year, the Baltimore City Public School System covers about 70% of the school’s operating budget. The other 30%, more than a million dollars a year, is raised through the Foundation’s annual fund drive, grants, and event sponsorships from private sources including individuals, corporations, and foundations. These funds are the backbone of the school's combined academic and arts education and include funds for part-time faculty; performances, visual art exhibitions, and master classes; summer study grants for juniors; academic tutoring and test preparation; instructional materials and supplies; field trips; and special library collections.
The BSA Foundation also raises about 80% of the funding for BSA’s after school and Saturday arts instruction program, TWIGS, as well as other outreach programs including school performance programs and community collaborations.
To see BSA's 2011-12 Annual Report, click here:  2011-12 Annual Report

Endowment
The BSA Foundation works continuously to build the BSA’s Endowment to secure the future of the school’s programs. The current BSA Endowment is just over $6 million and is largely comprised of special named funds that sustain programs in music, dance, stage production and theatre; college and junior summer study programs; as well as TWIGS.

How Can You Help?
Support the BSA with a gift to the annual fund, sponsor or volunteer or buy tickets for an event, make an in-kind donation, and/or let us know about opportunities for funding for arts and education. There are innumerable ways to support the students and programs at BSA. Click here to find out more!  And thanks!





Support BSA. Click Here To Donate.
"I had never been in a place, let alone a high school, where everyone is like a big group of friends that support each other day by day as they expand their artistic and academic capabilities."
Robert Mantegna
Robert Mantegna, Theatre Production